Ascend Archive

Re: (ASCEND) New P75s Won't Load 5.0ai13???

> The latest P75s I am receiving will not seem to take the 5.0ai13 code
> which is what we standardized on. An example is S/N 7425754, Software
> +5.1A.

I would recommend you change your standard for Pipelines.  5.1A contains
all the features found in 5.0Ai13 and should be more stable.  5.1Ap4 should
work well for you.

> When I try to upload I get "tranfer cancelled by remote system".
> I am using hyperterm and/or pcplus to do the operation.
> Both give me similar errors. What gives?

That is because: 1) you are trying to load an incompatible version of
software - there is no version of 5.0Ai13 for the "new P75s" (see below)
and/or 2) you are trying to use the serial port to load the software rather
than tftp (the "tloadcode" Diagnostic command).

    NOTE: If the Pipeline binary you are trying to load is greater than
    450k then you MUST use TFTP (tload) to upgrade your system software

    -rw-r--r--  1 200      other      453908 Jun  4 16:57 ba.p75

The following text is from the Ascend FTP site (ftp.ascend.com):

  To ensure that you load the correct code image, we recommend that you check
  in the Sys Options status window to view the load of code that is currently
  in your router.  To view the current load, hit the tab key seven times, and
  then hit the down arrow four times.  For example, if you see "Load: b2.p75",
  then load the b2.p75 image.  If your router does not display the current load
  or you are unsure about which load to use, please contact technical support.

  The Pipeline image file names are as follows:

  NOTE:  If your Pipeline has serial number 722XXXX or above and it DOES NOT
         have a slide switch on the back, you have a *NEW* Pipeline which
         requires special software.  Please follow the below guidelines.

  The Pipeline image file names are as follows:

  *** New Pipeline 50/75 Hardware Serial Numbers 722XXXX and above ***
  b2.p75              Pipeline 50/75 BRI w/o slide switch
  b2a.p75             Pipeline 50/75 BRI w/o slide switch, Appletalk Support
  b2ix.p75    Pipeline 50/75 BRI w/o slide switch, X.25 support

  *** Classic Pipeline 50/75 Hardware Serial Numbers Below 722XXX ***
  b.p75               Pipeline 75 BRI w/ slide switch
  ba.p75              Pipeline 75 BRI w/ Appletalk routing support

  SPECIAL NOTES:
      Pipline 50/75 units with Serial numbers greater than 722XXX
      require the b2.p75 load, except for units with Model Number
      P75-1UBRI-O, and P75-1SBRI-O.