Ascend Archive

Re: (ASCEND) Can I busy ports on a 4048 for testing purposes

On Mon, 27 Apr 1998, Mike Hughes wrote:

> On 27 Apr 98 at 2:29, Brian Uechi wrote:
>
> > won't be happy. Quiescing the lines work much better. It busies out
> > idle lines but leaves callers connected. Remaining lines are busied
> > out as callers hang up.
> >
> > Net/T1 > Line Config -> config name -> 1st Line -> Quiesced
>
> Excuse me if this is a dumb question, but is there any way of Ascend
> implementing this on an E1/PRI, or is there something in E1 that
> stops you doing it?

I've only used this on T1/PRI. Perhaps Ascend support answer this
one. Also the CO switch may have to be provisioned to allow you to
put lines out of service.

---
Brian K. Uechi                 Email: brianu@lava.net
Technical Support Engineer     Phone: 808-545-5282
LavaNet, Inc.                  FAX  : 808-545-7020