Ascend Archive

(ASCEND) P75 & Eumex 208 ISDN PBX

This question is  directed to our German friends, but if anyone else has
any suggestions please feel free to respond.

We are presently rolling-out P75's to some of our German based home-office
users.
The general configuration is:

P75 - code version 5.0 or 6.0.0
EuroISDN with three directory numbers - the Head Number, and two
secondaries, each allocated to a POTS port.
POTS 1 - analogue phone
POTS 2 - f_a_x

Data connectivity is fine, and generally so  is the voice/f_a_x.
However, we are having problems f_a_xing to machines located behind a  *
Eumex 208 * ISDN PBX.
The problem we have is that the Eumex expects to see an "incoming f_a_x "
indication on the BRI.
Everytime we attempt to send a f_a_x, via the pipeline,  we get error
message 88 (incompatible destination).
Voice to Voice, from the P75 to Eumex is OK.
When we send a f_a_x, to the Eumex, from a PBX or a Direct Telephone Line
we have no problem.
Also we can send f_a_xes, from the P75, to other - non-Eumex - attached
devices no problem.

Is there a special f_a_x option somewhere on the P75 that we need to set  ?

According to our suppliers this is a known problem and is
insurmountable.....................

Any suggestions ?

I have reported this to EuroTAC,  reference number for this #263870

Best regards

Ken Armstrong
CSC Chemical, Oil & Gas
+44 1926 404420

PS. I had to  use f_a_x , because the anti-spamming measures on the mail
server don't like the word "F_X"