Ascend Archive

Re: (ASCEND) Init string for Motorola Bitsurfr EZ

On Thu, 27 Aug 1998, Jim Logan wrote:

> At 06:21 PM 8/26/98 -0500, you wrote:
> >Anyone have one?  I've got a guy who can connect to his old ISP just fine
> >but not us... I don't see anything obvious.  He's got Win98.
> >
> >- J-Mag Guthrie
>
>   Is he perhaps forcing MPP or MP and you're system not set up to allow
> anything but PPP sessions? I know on my BitSurfer Pro's all I use is the
> standard Windows Driver, and if I want to connect MPP add this under
> additional settings (Perhaps he has something in there now)
>
> Additional Settings:
>
> %A2=95 @B0=2   (For MPP)  or @B0=1 (For MP)
>
> (The BitSurfer EZ is still an ISDN Modem isn't it?  Not particularly
> familar with that Model)

Yes, it's a regular ISDN modem and we have no problem supporting MPP for
other folks.  He already has those settings.  When we bring a terminal
window up after dialing, he saw garbage instead of a login prompt.

- J-Mag Guthrie

| The only function of | Brokersys                 | Talk sense   |
| economic forcasting  | 12703 Vets Memorial, #106 | to a fool    |
| is to make astrology | Houston, TX 77014         | and he calls |
| look respectable.    | +1-281-895-8101 (voice)   | you foolish. |
|                      | +1-281-895-8109 (fax)     |              |
|  - John K. Galbraith | http://www.brokersys.com/ | - Euripides  |