Ascend Archive

(ASCEND) Imac is here, and it STILL...

We finally got our hands on an Imac. Once we got it set up it seems
to work OK, but just make sure you set 'em up as if you know NOTHING
about TCP/IP, PPP or anything else. Just hit the buttons.

BUT....it still has the same old MacPPP problem we've had forever, in
that it refuses to assign dynamic DNS servers. They have to be hardcoded
in the Mac settings- just like every other Mac we've seen since we were
on 4.6+ Ascend code.

It really did used to work but hasn't in a long time- I'm wondering if
I didn't inadvertantly change something 'way back when that would
account for it.

Everything else works fine, all systems, but Macs will not get DNS
servers from the Max boxes.

Once up, though, the Imac just sits there and runs. Nice little
machine for those folks that just wanna get on the web. Mouse sucks.

'Shot