Ascend Archive

Re: (ASCEND) P75 - P75 connection problems

Have you tried choking it down to 56K per channel ?
If not, try it. The telco usually has to add a option to enable 64K
or so my experience has been... Good luck!

Joey Lamb wrote:

> I am having problems connecting to P75s together.  When dialing each
> other, I get a Cause Code 47, and the call is imediately terminated.
> Link status is D, and there are no CRC errors.
>
> >From TermServ, I do a "test 7354277" (Num B) and I receive:
> calling...answering...testing....end
> 100 packets sent, 100 packets received
>
> I called Ascend Tech Support, and we tested a few things, and the person
> I spoke with said that Cause Code 47 was a message coming from the
> switch.
>
> I then called Sprint (the lec), and they tested the line, and said that
> it showed good.
>
> So I have two companies, and no where to turn.
>
> Typically I have the P75s dial into my Max 2000, but the P75 <-> P75
> connection I am setting up is in a different state.  So I have one P75
> in the remote office (the office LAN is connected to me via a T1 and two
> cisco routers), and the other P75 is at the managers house.
>
> What should I try next?
> ++ Ascend Users Mailing List ++
> To unsubscribe: send unsubscribe to ascend-users-request@bungi.com
> To get FAQ'd:   <http://www.nealis.net/ascend/faq>

-- Tim Connolly tec@mountain.net     MountainNet, Inc.
-- (304) 594-9075 ext. 37            2816 Cranberry Square
-- fax (304) 594-9088                Morgantown, WV 26505

-- My signatures are getting longer and longer..
-- If you really want to see it... http://mountain.net/~tec