Ascend Archive

(ASCEND) Secure Access Firewall

Hi,

I've been having troubles where I've been uploading a SAF firewall to a
P50 running 5.0Ap5. As soon as I activate the firewall in the profile the
P50 drops its config totally. This is quite annonying since it means a 20
minute trip to the site to reconfigure the router.

The odd thing is that the first time I loaded up the SAF and activated it
worked fine and was working for many months. It wasn't until the user
requested a modification that I had to touch it.

Since it worked once and not now I've come to the conclusion that maybe
the router is flaky but it is working fine now, just without the SAF.
Anybody seen this before?

P50

 Software +5.0Ap5+
 S/N: 6068707

BTW: there is only one SAF on the router. It loads up fine and appears in
the Firewall list. Once you activate it in the profile it blows the entire
router config.

Kev