Re: (ASCEND) Max 6000 Resetting itself.

In article <13cf07f72155@news.allcon.net> you wrote:

>	This is the 2nd Max we have had for the same problem.  The first
>one kept resetting itself erradicly, now the replacement is doing exactly
>the same thing, if not worse than the previous.
>	I have taken it away from a UPS and put it onto normal power and
>still the same thing.  FYI it is on auto-negogiate on a Cisco catalyst
>switch, i cant see that making it reset itself, and is on no UPS, it is
>running software version 7.0.3
>Anyone have any ideas??

We were seeing something similiar with 7.0.3 on a Max 6000, after 2 days
of uptime it developed a very nasty memory leak and stopped routing modem
and ISDN calls. After loading 7.0.1, the box is now back up since approx.
50 days. BTW, it's also connected to a Catalyst (2924XL-EN) with fdup (the
Catalyst is set to auto-negotiate).

--
Oliver J. Albrecht <oj@nexus.flensbone.net>