Re: (ASCEND) Radius: stop users from dialin two times

Hi,

In article <aa65e02ade6b@news.allcon.net> you wrote:

>I believe you can configure the profile on the MAX to deny multiple logins -
>however, I do not believe this works across multiple MAXen.  So it really
>can't scale at all.

AFAIK it'll work with stacked boxes, which is (sort) of scalable. Other than
that, a radius-based solution (tracking of active accounts) across multiple
units might be a possible solution. I just wonder how well this works in
practice and how the radius daemon keeps track of active accounts. Surely
it can't be the radacct records, which are (YMMV) bound to get lost from
time to time.

>>To restrict the use of multiple channels when bundling via MPP
>>works good using Ascend-Maximum-Channels.

>Of course, there is a fscking RFC standard for this called Port-Limit.
>I don't suppose Ascend has deigned to support it instead of their bogus crap.

With all due respect to the standard and Ascends pollution of the
radius attributes/dictionary, the "bogus crap" works just fine.
Thought that need to be said...

--
Oliver J. Albrecht <oj@nexus.flensbone.net>