From: Maverick [mailto:maverickthegreat@netscape.net]
Sent: Thursday, May 27, 1999 1:58 AM
To: B.Weeber@haushahn-as.de; Ascend User List
Subject: Re: [(ASCEND) Ascend RADIUS on IBM RS6000]

Bad Authenticator means that the radius key is not
matching between the MAX and the radius server.
Re-enter the key in the radius clients file
and also in the MAX-1800 under ethernet->mod config->Auth->Auth Key
and ethernet->mod config->Accounting->Acct key

Check the radif (in debug mode) to see if authentication
is working.

"Burkhard Weeber" <B.Weeber@Haushahn-AS.de> wrote:
Hello folks,

I am using the Ascend RADIUS deamon for more than a year now and everything
works fine.
For some reason I upgraded my MAX 1800 to version 7.0.4.
Since then I alway get a "Bad Authenticator" error in the logfile and only the

cold-start-event is accounted.

I have ascend radius.971222 running and radius.980618 dies when an accounting
packet is received.

Any help appreciated.

TiA

Burkhard Weeber
C. Haushahn Automationssysteme GmbH & Co. KG
P/O Box 300668
D-70446 Stuttgart
Email: B.Weeber@haushahn-as.de