Re: [(ASCEND) NAT and Routable IPs]

The only way to do what you intend to do is to run NAT and use
static port mappings (Ethernet-NAT-Static mappings). The port
mappings will send the outside traffic to the appropriate tcp/udp port on the
internal NAT'd IP address.

mtg-

Paul Ledbetter <Paul@austintx.net> wrote:
As I never saw any reply, I thought I would ask again.  Someone has to know
wrong, or have I heard that Pipeline's can do both NAT, and have a <br>block
of IP's they can route?<br><br>In clearer terms, let me see if I can explain
multiple machines connected to one Pipeline 50 on <br>their network that
connects to our MAX.  He wants to run NAT, but he also <br>wants to have his
own Web Server and Mail Server available on the web with <br>their own IP's
that we would assign.  Is this possible?  If so, where are <br>the support
documents on how to set this up?  I have been all over the <br>Ascend website
(man, that site gets slower and slower these days) and <br>cannot seem to find
anything closely resembling this.<br><br>The reason he wants this is three
fold.<br><br>First, his network is already completely setup with non-routable
IP's so if <br>he has setup the Pipeline to use the IP his modem originally
had all of his <br>machines just work they way they are.  No muss, no fuss on
own Mail Server and Web Server, but wants some <br>protection that NAT
gives.<br><br>Third, this gives him added flexibility for future plans.  He
can always <br>increase the internal IP's without and modification on our end,
and he can <br>still make several machines reachable from the
internet.<br><br>After some searching around on the Ascend site, I know you
can make the <br>Pipeline route Port requests to internal IP's, and this might
be the way to <br>go.  But, (ain't their always a but) I know I have heard
that the Pipeline <br>can do both NAT and Route IP's and I need verification
Users Mailing List ++<br>To unsubscribe:	send unsubscribe to
ascend-users-request@bungi.com<br>To get FAQ'd:
get FAQ'd:	<http://www.nealis.net/ascend/faq><br>