(ASCEND) ModemSlot= dis slot+chan

We've got a MAX 4000 running 5.0Ap48 provisioned with ISDN PRI (yes,
I know that's an old, crusty version of the software that needs to be
updated).  One of the K56 Modem-8 cards is reporting a significantly
higher proportion of bad calls than all the other installed K56 Mod-8
cards.  Until we can swap this card out, I would like to disable this
card and the associated B-channels.

It looks like this should be possible from the menus via:
K56 Modem-8>Mod Config>ModemSlot= dis slot+chan

The problem is, once the last modem on the card is quiesced and moved
to the disabled list, new calls fail to roll over to the next PRI in
our modem pool hunt group.  Busy signals are generated instead.  This
differs from the behaviour we see when we quiesce the entire PRI.  When
we do this, calls roll over to the next PRI in the hunt group as expected.

Can anyone tell me if this is the expected behaviour for
"ModemSlot= dis slot+chan"?  Is this a bug in the 5.0Ap48 version of
the MAX software?  Is there something else we should have done to have
calls properly roll over to the next PRI in the hunt group as they do
when we quiesce the entire PRI?  I also noticed that 5.0Ap48 doesn't
appear to properly display the out-of-service channels in the line status
display when the modem slot is disabled.  Is this also a known "feature"
of 5.0Ap48?