Re: (ASCEND) Troubleshooting a Pipeline Connection

At 08:59 2000-04-03 -0500, Randy Snow wrote:
>Does anyone have any tips for troubleshooting connection problems?  I'm
>attempting to get my pipeline 85 working with SouthWestern Bell Internet
>Service, and I'm having ZERO luck.  I see in the diagnostic section, I can
>monitor the data that goes between the Pipe and SWBELL on connection...but
>unfortunately, this hexadecimal doesn't tell me much. :)
>
>I'm just wondering if anyone has any tips as to how I might narrow down the
>trouble?
>
>What happens, is that I dialup SWBELL and it drops the connection with a
>ISDN Cause Code 16 (normal clearing).  SWBELL doesn't provide any IP
>numbers, so I'm using NAT and dynamic IP assignment.  I have this same setup
>working fine with another ISP (IONET/PSI.NET).  I'm just in the dark on how
>to troubleshoot this connection, or attempt to find out where the problem
>might be.

Try going for the simplest connection, straight PPP, PAP only, no
compression. Make that work, and then add any needed extra features.

Have You messed wit the MRU setting ? This _can_ be crucial, even though it
shouldn't. 1524 works fine here with most other equipment.

Give some more specifics!

/Marcus
-
Marcus AAkesson          marcus.akesson@home.se
Gothenburg               Callsigns: SM6XFN & SB4779
Sweden