Re: (ASCEND) Fatal-History

Usually when a Max reboots, it logs a fatal error, not a warning.  A
warning should normally NOT cause a Max to reboot.  Nevertheless, it did
issue a warning, meaning that it found something critically wrong with
the code, but not enough to reboot the Max (although you mentioned that
it did reboot).  This particular warning has something to do with poor
memory management on the Max due to the TAOS.  I would say it's not a
hardware problem, but possibly a new bug with the code.  You'll have to
call Lucent support and log a case with them to investigate further.

Just one other note.  It bit me once so I thought I'd warn you.  When
you downgrade from 8.0.x to something like 7.2.x or 7.0.x, you'll lose
the configurations in the Mod Config menu (that means the IP address, IP
pools info, RADIUS configurations, etc.).  I'd advise you to back up
your configs to a TFTP server (better to do it this way since all the
password info will be saved as well) and then get that console hooked up
so that after you do the downgrade, you can put the IP address back on
the Max to reach the TFTP server, then restore your configs.

Hi,

I just had one of my 6096s reboot on it's own.  I just recently upgraded

from 7.0.22. (36 hours ago)

Here is what the fatal-history said.

WARNING:  Index: 106  Load: tbaxkh.m60 Revision: 8.0.2
        Date: 04/27/2000.       Time: 10:37:12
        Location: b03323a4 b0215650 b021566c b02a6b90 b02a6bac b03dc910

Is this a problem with the max?  The TAOS?  if it is the TAOS...why do
they
have it available for download and which version should I downgrade to.

Thanks