(ASCEND) Correct Nindy Procedure & Tech Support?

Ascend's tech support lines must be overloaded!! Tried yesterday to give
them $3/min for over hour on hold each time (never got a tech - so no
charge), and been waiting on hold now for 90 minutes - still no tech
available.  Other people having problems accessing their Tech line?  I
would think at $3/min they could stick someone there and pay them very well
<grin>

Anyway, maybe I'll get an answer email before I get thru on the phone line.

The problem, all Pipeline units above sn: 722xxxx, due to larger flash,
require loading a file larger than 1 Meg to get the flash cleared properly
via Nindy.  The suggested file on the AOS for doing this is b.m18, yet that
file isn't above 1 Meg as near as I can tell (latest version of it I have
found is 6.0.10 and that's 978,190) and doesn't do the job.  If you elect
to use a file that is larger (example: fb.m18 which is just slightly over 1
Meg), and then reload the correct version for the pipeline you're trying to
nindy, the unit reboots up with "Configure Unit" (lost it's serial number).
I've now had this happen to both a Pipeline 75 and a Pipeline 85 (lost
their serial numbers).  I know I can get the debug line code to restore the
units (via tech line if I can ever get in). My question... has anyone used
Nindy procedure on these newer units with larger flash and had it work
successfully? If so, what file did you load in via terminal...followed by
std file for that unit..  What real procedure do you find that works? I
hate to have to keep calling tech support when one of these units trash out
after following currently posted procedure on Ascend's site.  It's on the
newer units that I have any problems with at all.

TIA

PS: If someone at Ascend is listening (I wrote Greg Santos yesterday Email,
but didn't get any reply), and just wants to send me the register codes via
Email, the Serial Number on this Pipe85 is:  7406187

******* Top Net InterNet Services ********
Omaha, Nebraska                www.top.net
             Voice: (402) 339-5609
               Fax: (402) 333-8383