(ASCEND) High Connection Speeds

We've had a Max 6000 in for a short while now
and I've noticed that some users are getting a very high connection speed
all
the time. (54,667 every time they connect). They have yet to get back to me
on what make/model of modem they have.

Has anyone compiled a list of modems that connect at high V90 speeds on the
Max boxes. I have 3 modems I have tried from work here (very good lines - we
had
digital mux units in here a while back) (give a 2 Meg digital circuit in and
30 analog lines out). Dynalink max speed I got was 50,000, Dlink Pctel modem
always 52,000 and speedcom modem 52,000 all the time (all with latest
firmware).

Or maybe I can start a web page giving speeds of modems'  if anyone is
interested. I never know what
kind of modem to recommend someone.. A US$30 Dlink internal PCtel modem or
US$180 USRobotics modem. Is the HIGH price difference between the cheapest
or dearest really going to make any
difference to their internet???

Something like
Modem Brand
Model
Firmware Version of modem
Ascend Model Dialed into
Ascend Firmware Version
(Other comments like get disconnected all the time,retrains alot at
connection,doesn't connect at same
speed all the time etc etc)
If anyone wants to send me some info to start with I'll start something.

Thanks
Craig Whitmore
iGRIN Internet