New version

I've just put a new version at ftp.ifi.uio.no in the file
/pub/crossfire/crossfire0.83.tar.Z.

There are probably bugs, but I felt I needed to put out a version before I
made too many changes, so that any other people contributing with source
won't mail me patches to ancient versions (I just got some patches to the
0.2 version...ugh).

This version incorporates the "cd.lib.patch.all" patches.  We might as
well stick to 16-bit fonts until a server/client model has been developed.
Has anyone experienced problems with the 16-bit patch?  I'm giving up
attempting to support 8-bit fonts, since there are 450 characters in the
v0.83 font.

There are numerous changes.  Monsters consisting of more than one object
can now be entered into the lib/archetypes file (You'll find the old dragon
(now renamed to wyvern since Vidar is working on a 3x2 dragon) and giant there,
as well a a new 2x2 monster).  These can now be put out one at a time from
the map-editor.  In theory, I believe I have the code needed to enable
teleporters for such linked objects, but it's still disabled and untested.

There are lots of future plans not mentioned in the TODO file, like adding
lots of new spells, adding a spell-system (you have to find a spell-book
to learn a spell), adding lots of new items (all the artifacts is what makes
nethack/umoria interesting), spinners, etc.  I'm working constantly on
crossfire nowadays.

I'll try to clean up the code somewhat before the 0.9 release.

I figured there was no point in making a diff-file from 0.82 to 0.83 due
to the big difference in size.  I just wish all the bitmaps didn't take
two blocks when using tar...(2 x 450(bitmaps) = 900 blocks)

-Frank.