Re: Saved games again

I was thinking this morning of yet another way to implement saving.
In addition to having a player name and a password, we could have a
campaign name.  Once a player is created in a campaign, he cannot
change campaigns.  For every campaign in existance, there would be a:

	crossfire/lib/campaigns/campaign_name/maps
	crossfire/lib/campaigns/campaign_name/players

The maps directory would be initially empty.  Any time a new map was
visited (changed) it would be copied into the campaign maps directory
(only the .om file).  This would keep the space used to a minimum.
Crossfire would always check the campaign maps area first when
characters would move into a new map.  If that map didn't exist in the
campaign map area it would be copied from crossfire/lib/maps/whatever.

This seems to solve many of the problems people have been mentioning
about saving.

Doug