Re: Con bonus

Frank Tore Johansen <frankj@ifi.uio.no> writes:
> > Is there a reason that the con bonus stops happening at level 11?
> > All you get from that point on is 2 hp/level.  It would be nice to
> > still be getting at least some of the con bonus.
> >           -Eric
>
> You've already gotten 10 times the con-bonus from your first 10 levels.
> I can't figure out any way to balance the game while keeping the con-bonus
> all the way.
> Of course, I could just throw out the whole AD&D trash and try to make
> something better.  Maybe something like moria, where AC also helps against
> damage, and the range is from 0 to 100.  Don't know how Con works there,
> but I suppose it's similar.
I personally like the gurps system.
There you have passive defense(armour), active defense(blocking)
dodging, etc.  But if someone hits you it's going to do damage.  This
system would make it harder for the go up and stand and bash on a big
monster theory of life.
          -Eric
"Overhead, without any fuss, the stars were going out."
           -The Nine Billion Names of God
"Yes, you're very smart.  Shut up."
           -In "The Princess Bride"