Re: CFV: crossfire-announce

> I don't know about other people, but I would like to get announcements
> of crossfire releases without all the talk attached.  Would someone
> consider setting up such a mailing list?

Sounds fair enough.  The list is implemented.  Right now all members of
crossfire is a member of crossfire-announce.  Anyone who wishes to only
get announcements of releases, request so to crossfire-request@ifi.uio.no.

But I have one question:  How many announcements do you wish?  One
for each patch I put out (0.xx.x), or one for each major version (0.xx)?
Or maybe only major versions unless the patches fixes very serious
bugs...There are lots of alternatives.

-Frank

P.S.  Yes, I know I'm running out of numbers before 1.0 8)
      (I still wish 1.0 to be the version I post to comp.sources.games)