Re: Line of sight

> > Hey all.  Most of the players here have been incessently complaining about
> > how much they dislike the line of sight addition.  I'm just wondering if
> > this just happens to be the crew here, or if this is universally disliked
> > by most of the players.
>
> We are in complete agreement here.  Although LOS is an interesting
> idea, it greatly reduced the fun we were having.  We eventually just
> turned it off.

Let me try again, this time sending the letter to the mailinglist 8)

Players here complained at first, but I've managed to convince them that
when all maps were designed, line of sight was not kept in mind.  Thus
some maps are *very* lethal now.  LOS was added to the game to make
it more exciting, but not *that* exciting 8)
I'm going to add lots of new objects which are transparent, as well as
lots of new spells & magic items which can help a poor wizard/barbarian...
Like "Wizard Eye", "Clairvoiance", "Crystal Ball", "Magic Mirror", etc, etc...

If you don't like it, undefine USE_LOS, but I defenitely think the game
is going in the right direction.
That is, if I just could kill a few of the bugs 8)
I honestly promise not to release further patches while tired 8)

-Frank.