Re: suggestions (fwd)

> > 1. Bank (suggestion)

> This problem has occured with me, and I think a bank would be an excellent
> solution.

I think another solution would be inns, where you could rent room.
Every room would have door, which can be opened (passed) with unique key,
so only one player can enter there. You could left your extra items there
and they would be there safe until you need them.

> In this case the map states wouldn't need to be saved if the game crashes,
> just the contents of the bank(s).

It might be good, if every map could have different reset times, so shops
could be reseted more often than some other maps. This way you could find
useful items in small shops. Also banks or inns don't need reseted at all.
Same way it could defined for each map, if it's saved when server is stopped
(or it crashes).

> Although using the character name is a sensible idea, how about having to
> enter your password when retrieving your goods, in case someone gets smart
> with copying files out of the 'players' directory.

I'm not sure, if it needed, since server version don't have this problem.
(And I don't like typing my password every time when I need my goods.)

> > 3. Wearing items in shops (bug)
> >
> > It's ridiculous that you can't "try on" items in shops (armour, rings, etc.)

If you allow applying unpaid objects, there should be checks item types,
so you can't read scroll and so on. Also all shops should be designed so
that you can't shoplift anything. Currently many shops can be robbed with
word of recall.

 -Tero