Re: Idea

> What makes dimension door so powerful that most old maps are broken,
> is the ability to type a number before casting the spell, to specify
> the range.  This enables it to jump through solid walls.

I think, that problem is only partly old maps, since if you make dimension
door inside wall, destination is random, so you could end in the
treasure chamber, even if it's marked as no magic area.
Maybe it would better that dimension door would work so, that count
only affect range, but can't be used going through walls or
random destinations. If random teleport spell is needed, just
make new spell. Only problem with it, is makes mapmaking even
harder, since you could pass most monsters with one spell and
little luck. One solution would be make destination in same area,
which is show with magic mapping spell.

-Tero