Re: Proposal

> > - There is a BoloTracker program that keeps track of the current Bolo games in
> >   the world.  Whenever a player joins or creates a Bolo game, he may choose
> >   to notify the BoloTracker (using UDP datagrams).  Using another program
> >   (BoloFinder), you may join one of the current games.  There should be
> >   something like that for the CrossFire servers.  If there was one host (like
> >   ifi.uio.no) that could automatically keep track of the CrossFire servers in
> >   the world, this would add a lot of fun to the game.
>
> This would more & more require changing CrossFire into client/server
> model.
Several us here at Chico have started rewriting the thing...moving towards
client/server. We have decided to rewrite rather then hack the existing code,
so that the new stuff turns out right the first time :>

Anyway, it looks as if we may have some help from the Berkeley folks too.
Has anyone heard from Frank????? I haven't talked to him in so long, never
get replies to mail????

Tyler.
tvangod@ecst.csuchico.edu