Re: Server Mode question

Frank Tore Johansen <frankj@ifi.uio.no> writes:
> > Does the new server mode that's being developed for crossfire have
> > regeneration of objects, like most LP-Muds do?
>
> That's an untouched area as of now.
Yup, this server doesn't do anything of that sort.
I was happy enough to see it be able to keep the game going.
> But it should be fairly simple to put a timestamp on all maps, and
> load the original instead of the swapped one, if the map was created
> a certain time ago.
Actually, my idea was to watch the maps for changes.  Once every x
amount of time, so a sum or an md5 on all of the maps.  Then if a
map's checksum remains unchanged for a couple of hours then I was
going to delete the /tmp file.
--
Would this work?
Does anyone want to do that? (I'm getting cramped by classes at this