Re: Crossfire in server mode

> If people send mail to me or this list saying that it's working for
> them, then I'll send the changes back so that everyone can have this
> in their server.

It worked fine for me.  But putting the font in /tmp won't work for
all X-terminals... (Not that there is an easy solution for this...)
By the way, remember the -f switch when the link is slow and there
are several players.

I've also added some new features to the game which makes it more friendly
for multiplayer sessions.
Now, while a map is being loaded, the other players can still move
around.  This means that the game won't freeze all the time even if
some players are running fast between huge maps.

And maps are kept in memory for a short while after the last player has
left.  This has two effects; first, the monsters have a short time to
regenerate some hit-points.  Secondly, you won't have to wait for
the game to both save and load the map you came from, if you
were just having a quick peek at the next map.

And I've finally made a hash-table for find_archetype().  The result is
that loading maps goes much faster.

Another new thing is that most monsters "sleep" until they discover you.
(I use the wisdom stat to determine the radius of their awareness).
This should mean a few saved cpu-cycles, especially on very big maps.
In addition, this makes it easy to incorporate a stealth-rating in
the future (anyone want to have "elven cloak" and "elven boots"? 8).

I'll send out a new version as soon as I've received and checked some
of the patches I know are being worked on.

-Frank.