Re: string library functions (and more)

> From: Frank Tore Johansen <frankj@ifi.uio.no>

> While I'm writing, heres some random notes about whats new:

[...lot of mondo cool looking stuff...]

> It's certainly time to release a beta-release, the only thing lacking right
> now is the maps.  Haven't decided quite how to coordinate the
> "Quality Control" though...what the game really needs is a _good_ starting
> city, where the best newbie maps from the best areas are collected, and
> where (good) new maps, utilizing the new features, are also added.
> Actually, If I threw out the maps I considered below wanted standard,
> I wouldn't have any maps left 8)  Oh well, it's not that bad, but the
> maps which would be left would be spread throughout the world, without
> any connection...  Perhaps the best thing to do would be to release
> a beta-version where the different map-creators could design _small_
> areas (2-3 (small to medium) (good) maps), so that they could be connected
> to the (new) main-town.
>
> -Frank.

 Well, I guess we need some sort of map maker's style guide to act as a general
guide (Frank, you should probably start this as you clearly have an idea of
how you want the maps to look). We should also all review maps. Please, tell
me what's wrong with my maps (The Nyka maps), if I don't know what's wrong with
them I can't fix them.

Rupert