Re: Local variations to crossfire.

I don't think this is much of a problem. It is unlikely that an
official release will have a bmaps file with large holes, and so it
should be safe to use faces from 50000 and up for local bitmaps, or
even 9000, though that point *may* be reached one day... (We are
currently at 1997 here :-)

xbmtobdf has no problems with a sparse bmaps file, and it need not be
sorted. Keep your won localbmaps, and append that to each official
release. Actually, the name space for bitmaps may be more of a
problem. Any volunteers to make a more hierarchaical structure? The
directory is getting awfully big.

Kjetil T.