Re: GLobal server

ninja@halcyon.halcyon.com wrote:
> I'd like to see client/server code, races/classes seperated, and a better
> scale between interior maps and town maps.

It'll be a while until the client/server will use tcp/ip since network
statistics seems to show that there is little bandwith to be saved.
But next version will have a client which first fixes things like
fontpathss and xhost (though the latter is a hack, couldn't figure out
how to make the Xau commands work) and then connect by tcp/ip to the
server and requests that you be added to the game.

Races and classes will be separated any day that I receive some more
(at least somewhat good) bitmaps of players 8)
The reasons there haven't been many new monsters/spells/whatever lately
is that I don't have any bitmaps to work with (Vidar has been busy
with school and I'm a terrible artist 8).

-Frank.