Re: does large ice storm exist?

> <peterm@soda.berkeley.edu> wrote:

> In the server code you download, it is TURNED OFF, meaning
> you can't find any spellbooks of large icestorm.
>
>   Turned off also are these spells:
>
>   dragonbreath
>   hellfire
>   charging
>   regenerate spellpoints
>
>   Recognize some of them?  If so, then it's because your server
> god has turned them on.

Why would you make these available???

Hellfire is essentially a large fireball. It is just invisible until
it hits something. THEN it turns into a large firball.

Charging?? It is supposed to be available in scrolls....

I would say that you just spoil the fun by making every spell
available to the players.

> comet--shoot a cosmic rock, which hits for megadamage, and THEN explodes
>        into a fireball!  The trail is something to see!
> meteor-swarm--shoot LOTS of cosmic rocks!  (This spell ROCKS!)

When designing spells, be sure not to create them too powerfull. This would
just ruin the balance (what balance?) of the game. Another point is that
all of the playerclasses should be equally good. Great spells could result in
everybody playing mages . :-(

> immunity spells--Tired of getting blasted by dragons' breath?  Cast immunity
>                  to fire!

Death-knell-- Looking for an easy way out? When tired, this spell kills every
              monster in the current map!  .... etc ....

			      -Lars