ce-0.7 compile notes

I'm trying to compile crossedit-0.7 on a NeXT (NS 3.1).  Some notes:

1) The imake installed with MouseX doesn't add -DMACH, so I had to do this by hand.  It does add
-DNeXT.  How do I fix this so -DMACH gets put in their all the time?

2) snprintf() is apparently not a MACH function, as my machine doesn't have it. :)  How about using
only sprintf()?

3) XpmCreatePixmapFromBuffer() is not found, anywhere.  What is this function?  Is their an
alternative?  Where can I get it?  :)  This is the main stopping point for me right now.

Has anyone gotten cd-0.7 to compile on a NeXT?  I'd like to hear from you...

Michael

Running a 0.89.2 server on: fermat.dartmouth.edu
Notes: Resurrection with -10% xp.