Re: playing crossfire

> 1) I have tried 2 crossfire sites (xhost then telnet with port 13326):
> sonja.math.virginia.edu and soda.berkeley.edu
>  Doesnt work.  It sits there then eventually gives me a connection
> timed out.

Once you telnet.....you then have to ask the server to add you....:>

soo once you've connected try typing "help" to get a list of commands...

also before you telnet...you will have to do a "xhost +<site_machin>"

example......to connect to sonja....you would

xhost +sonja.math.virginia.edu

telnet sonja.math.virginia.edu <port>

sorry forgot the exact port number.....the default is 13 thousand and something
:>

> 2) I have crossfire compiled.  How do you play multiplayer?  (a simple
> way)

again.....you start the server then once your in the game, meaning you've
g`typed in a character name/password......chosen a profession......

you can use the extended command "'add <display>"

where <display> is where player 2 is located :> you can keep adding players...

or you can start crossfire as follows....

crossfire -server which will set around waiting for clients to connect :>

> 3) I run crossfire alone (just to try it out).  It asks for a name.  I
> keep entering millions and billions of different names (Even '`adsf'adsf'
> and it keeps says "That name already taken".  Bug?

for some reason it can't read/write/find your player directory...make sure you
defined it properly in config.h and crosssite.def

and if you did, make sure you have read/write permissions to that directory.

Tyler.
tvangod@ecst.csuchico.edu