Re: CPU -- Ultima 8

>  I would guess that it is due to a lot of floating point being used
> (all speeds, which need to be changed), and your machine lackign floating
> point hardware.

 I wondered about it being the floating point. I guess the only way to find out
is to remove the floating point stuff...

>  I wonder if the problem might be related to the devices, and the system
> having trouble sending all the information to the screen fast enough?
> Or maybe swapping.  Otherwise, it really shouldn't be system time.
>
>  --Mark

I don't think it is the X server. It doesn't consume much CPU and running
crossfire from another machine to mine seems ok. Definitely not swapping. Now
that I have 16 Meg the machine almost never swaps 8)

Rupert