Re: CPU -- Ultima 8

> Well, last time I checked a 486 wasn't the lowest machine out there,
> and thats whats recommened to run Ultima 8 on... On a 386 heard its
> REALLY slow... *shrug*
>
> Ben

I run 0.90.4 on my 486SX/25 under Linux. I noticed that when I run it the
idle time drops to 0% and system time climbs to 91%. This is on the starting
map with nothing moving about. top says it is crossfire using the system
time, not X. I tried changing the speed, here's what I found:

speed       system %
100000         91           (The remaining is user time)
200000         91
300000         72
500000         46
1000000        17

So crossfire is quite a burden even on a (ok fairly lowly) 486.

Rupert