Re: A few thoughts on client/server in multi-player games

Tyler Van Gorder <tvangod@ecst.csuchico.edu> writes:
> [ use ftp to transfer pixmaps ]
This is probably not the best idea because some people may not be able
to setup their machine to do anonymous ftp even if they can run a
crossfire server on it.  Moreover, automatic ftp isn't really easy.
Why not just have another program do the transfer?  This is what I did
in the original crossfire server implementation.  I downloaded the
font every time you started playing to make sure that people had a
current font.
          -Eric
"It seemed like a good idea at the time"
           -The Mad Hatter
"Yes, you're very smart.  Shut up."
           -In "The Princess Bride"