Re: A few thoughts on client/server in multi-player games

 Process events can hopefully be slimmed down a bit.  By separating
two a list of active (alive) and non active (static) objects, that should
quicken things up.  Also, if all floating point (speed and stuff) is
converted to integers, that will probably also speed things up.  Also,
depending on the system, the floating point may not hurt quite as much
as it does mine, but I don't know.  I would guess that those values
would transfer reasonably close across systems and architectures.

 I think the big thing with client/server will be that it will free
up quite a bit of memory on the server side.  Also, there are lots of
misc. small functions that will be moved over.

 I also think one of the advantages to the client/server will be the
ability to better play over a limited speed link.  Those hoping for major
reduction of cpu time by the server may be disappointed.

 --Mark