Re: client/server?

Peter Mardahl <peterm@soda.berkeley.edu> writes:
> Is anyone actually working on this?
I've been working on implementing the Inter Client Exchange (ICE)
protocol which is described by a document on ftp.x.org.
I thought that once I finished that, then I would use it to start
working on client server.

> This is something which should get done soon, I think.
> I'd undertake it, but I'm too clueless!  X-programming
> is largely mysterious to me, as are network protocols.
Well, the simplest thing to get it started would be to separate out
every single function which makes an X call into their own
subdirectory.  Then start moving as much of the "thinking"
functionality into routines that call the client routines.
          -Eric
"It seemed like a good idea at the time"
           -The Mad Hatter
"Yes, you're very smart.  Shut up."
           -In "The Princess Bride"