Re: HELP! crossfire 0.90.4

sew@philabs.Philips.COM writes:
> - No areas for newbies to go and get EXP fast to move up lower levels quickly.
>   This was a good idea in the 89 version because you could move up to level
>   10 with a minimum of frustration. The little monsters are annoying when
>   you are a lower level. The "spiral" design was excellent for this, as you
>   progressed it got harder, and when you finished you could be at least
>   level seven, the really hard one was good for 250,000 exp.
I think it is good that there are no places to get exp fast.  I think
it should be a challenge to get experience, not a cake-walk.
Otherwise it's not experience.  I also think that things should be
interesting for low-level characters as well as high level ones.
          -Eric
"It seemed like a good idea at the time"
           -The Mad Hatter
"Yes, you're very smart.  Shut up."
           -In "The Princess Bride"