Re: Elemental spells

My idea for elemental spells is to allow control of them like normal.
If you switch from the spell (tap plus or something) then the elemental
disappears. However, if you are hit, then you lose control, and the elemental
attacks you instead. :) If you add more summoning type spells (and ever
break up spells by class or something) then there could be a whole class
Summoner or something. :)

(I like the systems of magic where it's broken into 'realms' or something.
If you are a Summoner, for instance, you can learn summoning spells
easier, they are stronger, and you can learn the most powerful summoning
spells. If you are an Evoker, let's say, you can learn large fireball and
firewire and all that, but only weaker summoning spells, since you are
focused on the evocation spells, not summoning spells...)

I just sort of like that more, myself. I like the flavor of games where
fighters can't (or can only barely) cast magic, wizards have their spells,
priests have different spells, etc etc.