mithril chain versus regular chain

Chain mail:

Regular		Mithril
ac 4		ac 4
armour 30	armour 25
weight 60	weight 15
last_heal 15	last_heal 5
last_sp 10	last_sp 18

last_heal:  How much it retards spellpoint regeneration
		(Honest, I hacked the code to find this out!)

Last sp:    How much it effects your maximum speed:  I think
	    your maximum speed with chainmail on is 1.0 + magical
		bonuses,
	    1.8 + magical bonuses for mithril.

The code which handles this is really nasty!  It cycles through your
inventory every time looking for last_heal to see if you go up a
point or not in sp.

Anyone else think that mithril chainmail should have at least a higher
ac and armour rating than regular chainmail?

regards,

PeterM
(BTW, I don't think that the uses of last_sp and last_heal are
documented anywhere for armour, though I didn't do any exhaustive
search)