Re: vampires

In message <199408160248.AA20579@bolero.rahul.net>, Mark Wedel writes:
> Your (Peter) message suggest that boncrushers do hurt vampires.  Is
>this true?

  Nope.  Didn't mean to imply that at all but rather the opposite.
Vampires are quite immune to bonecrusher.  You cannot get enough
damage/time into a vampire that way to kill it.

> I looked at the code, and the way it looks is that if a creature
>is immune to an attacktype of that weapon, but that weapon is set
>to slay that creature, then the creature will not have any
>immunity.  I guess this is not working quite right or something - I'll
>have to take a look at it.

  That's an elegant solution to the problem.
Reminds me of a wish I had to make AT_DEATH recognize slaying, then you
could have something like an arrow of assassination for trolls or something.
Shoot a troll with it, and wham, it die....

PeterM