Re: vampires

In message <9408150804.AA02032@zircon.cm.cf.ac.uk>, Simon McIntosh-Smith writes

>I was zapping one vampire with my rod of firebolt and my rod of
>small lightning for ages, and he just wasn't going down! Do I
>need to be more patient? They don't have THAT many hps though,
>at least, according to the spoilers...

  You will never kill a vampire with rods.  A wand might do it.
Vampires have constitution, and HEAL QUICKLY.  You've gotta
pour a large damage/time into the vampire quickly, via spells,
or you'll never kill him.

 Rods take too long to regenerate, you can't cause damage fast enough
with one.

Regards,

PeterM