Running on non-local servers

Hello everyone!

I've been playing crossfire for awhile on our local installation. The game
runs perfectly and is surprisingly fast. However, the game has so much more
to offer if it's running continuously... (know what i mean?). My problem
is that if I run it on some server in Europe it's too damn slow! Is there
anything I can do to speed it up? I've tried using both crossclient and
telnet with all sorts of flags and settings.

					--Per

---------
Per Rasmussen                                     Snail: Larsbergsv. 28 2tr ned
E-mail: d89-pra@nada.kth.se                              S-181 39 Lidingo
Tel +46 8 765 97 35                                      Sweden