Re: Can you pause the game

> >How about a spell that is similar to a "bed to reality". This would be
> >different from "word of recall".
>
> The main problem with this is that you would then have to make sure
> that the map doesn't reset between the save and the return of the
> character.  Otherwise, imagine the use of such a spell when you
> finally manage to get into an incredible treasure room.  Or what if
> you open a gate with a magic key, only to find that it has closed
> behind you.
>
> --PC

I see your point. Perhaps these are acceptable risks? Or, as in word of recall,
the spell would put you back into the main city when you reentered the game.
(Then it's only slightly different than 'recall'.)

I think the point is that many people play the game async throughout the
day. A simple, built in, mechanism would be nice to have.

Personally, I "kill -STOP/-CONT pid". It would be nice though to have a hot
button for when the boss walks by:)  Would anyone else agree?