Re: adding maps

In message <199408270921.AA147599277@pride.ugcs.caltech.edu>, K. Bruner writes:
>I got the brittany maps from the ftp site.  Will someone please explain
>exactly how to install them with the existing maps (version 0.91.3)?  The
>instructions are not clear to me.

Dear Doctor Napalm Deathmeister,

  I believe that virtually all the brittany maps have been added by
Mark to the 91.3 mapset.  They are toward the south of the regular
maps.

  Though perhaps Mark has only put the brittany maps in the "experimental"
mapset which I snarfed a while back.

  Mark improved the brittany maps before adding them to the mapset,
fixing some problems, breaking up the maps, and doing some work to make
things look better in the xpm graphics mode.  (The town of Brest is
the very best-looking under xpm graphics)

  So you would be "reinventing the wheel" if you put the brittany maps
in your mapset, it has already been done.

  If you're looking for new maps to blast through, I suggest you go
speak to the folks in Goth's tavern.  They know where some of the
adventures are.

Regards,

PeterM

P.S., if the mapset isn't large enough for you, you can add to either by:
getting some old maps (i have a copy of the entire old mapset, much of which
isn't used yet)

or

you can add new maps.  If you're interested in using the map editor,
(crossedit) fire questions about it to the mailing list.  Hopefully
the FAQ maintainer will pick up any responses.