source for new spoilers?

> Compiling the game was *very* easy indeed.  I still needed one patch
> which I mentioned before.  In common/tempnam.c it has in two places
> an #if !defined(MACH) to decide to use sprintf() or snprintf().
> Well, my NeXT (black) is mach, but has no snprintf(), so I changed
> this to

I'll go along with this - compiled with ease, all I had to do was change
each imakefile to tell them where our X11R5 is - we are still on X11R4!

> Compiling crossedit flailed miserably.  Lots of header file errors,
> probably related to POSIX stuff.   I'll be pouring over that stuff to
> try to figure it out.  If anyone else on a NeXT gets this to compile,
> I would appreciate any hints on what they did to get it to work.

Again, same here. I gave up seeing as crossfire itself was OK.
The other thing I'd like to see is the installation actually
doing itself:

	1. create an empty highscore file if it doesn't exist
	2. create a players subdirectory if it doesn't exist

etc - I always have to go and do these things by hand, and I always forget
to do them until I've tried to play the new version and then it messes up!

On the source for the new spoilers (which look great by the way!), I want
to make them available on the WWW by latex2html'ing them, but I've only
got the postscript not the .tex files. Can whoever has these mail me a copy?
You can already get to the postscript spoilers at the following URL:

	http://www.cm.cf.ac.uk:/Fun/

ta

Sy