Re: Further notes about 0.90.1.

Regarding some of your changes:

	 Change spell learning.  Modify it by 5% for level difference of the spell
	level and character level.  This way, high level characters with very
	low wisdom could learn low level spells, and thos with high wisdom would
	have a difficult time learning spells that are 8 levels higher.

  I like the idea of allowing very high level characters to learn low
level spells even if their wisdom isn't up to it.  However, the idea of
letting low level characters learn higher level spells seems dubious to me.

  You could have situations where some fifth level character knows the
twelfth level spell of < whatever >, clearly undeserved power.  I like
the 5% per level difference going down, but no one should be able to
learn spells that are more than say, 2 levels above him, no matter what.

  I think it's sort of silly, though, to have spell "levels".  It seems
somewhat artificial.  Another way to look at things is like this:

  high wisdom + high level ==> ease in learning spells

  your level compared to spell 'level' ==> your effectiveness with that spell

  spell level is then a measure of the sophistication of character needed to
cast it.  Anyone can learn any spell, but if the character isn't strong
enough to cast the spell well, then he either fails entirely, or
casts it weakly, with the strength of his casting falling off very rapidly
(like in 2 levels) if he's below the level of the spell.

  I can implement that if there's support for it.

Regards,

PeterM