Re: er...xbmtoxpm???

>  AS part of the XPM library, I believe there is a ppmtoxpm program, and
> a reverse program as well (xpmtoppm).  These require parts of the
> PbmPlus package to compile.
>
>  The PbmPlus package has programs taht are called xpmtoppm and ppmtoxpm,
> but these are apparantly meant for a different type of XPM file (maybe
> real old version or something.)
>
>  In any case, with the ppmtoxpm program, I do something like:
>
>  xbmtopbm (bitmap file) | ppmtoxpm > (bitmap file).xpm
>
> Also, some people sent me bugs saying that their version of libXpm did
> not have XCreatePixmapFromBuffer.  If any of those people were able
> to solve the problem via upgrading to the newest version of the XPM
> library, could you send me mail and tell me what your old version was?
> This way, I can put some note about it in the config.h file, so people
> will know what the problem is (or what version of XPM they need.)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I ran into the same bug, the problem I believe is it was not linking in the
xpm library when compiling crossfire. The problem is the defines are in in
crosssite.def, which don't ever get seen by the Makefile. What did was the
following :
in crosssite.def :

Changed the existing defines in this file to:

#define XPM_PIX
#define Xpm_Lib_Dir <PATHNAME>
#define Xpm_Include <PATHNAME>

Then in crossfire.cf

added
#ifdef XPM_PIX
XPM_DEFINES = -DXpm_Pix
XPM_LIBDIR = Xpm_Lib_Dir
XPM_INCLUDE = Xpm_Include
#endif

Note: the XPM_INCLUDE is used when you put xpm in some strange place like
      we did here :>

Tyler.