Re: Map ideas

In Mark's message of Fri, 18 Feb 94 23:55:38 PST, he sez:

> or you could more easily change the exits by editing the map in your
>favorite editor, and do a search/replace with the new map name.  You
>could even use sed if you wanted to.

How's about using a preprocessor, like CPP, on the map files during
without requiring hacking on the source.

eg., #define ENTERED_FROM "/blah/house" or whatever.

It'd also allow repetitive patterns to be easily simplified, and
#ifdefs would become possible. We (TrinityMOO) used to use it
lots for our MOO source code when TMOO was up.

ObCrossfire: haven't compiled the new one yet -- real work's
getting in the way -- but I will, don't worry about that! ;)

--
Justin Mason (Iona Technologies' unix caretaker, fixer-upper and disk-filler)
<jmason@iona.ie> with W3 hyplan at: http://www.iona.ie/www/hyplan/jmason.html

I do not speak for Iona. "I was an infinitely hot and dense dot." Mark Leyner