Re: XPM & Colors

+--- Mark Wedel:
| So I tried to choose colors that were different, covered a broad
| spectrum, and looked good.  From monitor to monitor, the look will
| change, but I don't think my monitor is that far out of whack
| compared to most.
+-------

Actually, no - the RGB values should be compensated for. Let me
rephrase that: "gold" should always look the same, but the RGB values
can differ wildly from machine to machine. OK, this is theory - most
sites have one rgb.txt for all of their differing monitors...

How does this affect us? Well - we'll need to choose the real RGB
values, not the names, or else we may risk having lots of pixmaps with
_similar_ colours. Mark, I guess your rgb.txt file is as good as any.

BTW, you chose the same selection of colours I was going to suggest :-)

Kjetil T.